Renewal Requirements for Existing DPCO
- Letter of Application for renewal;
- Number of audit reports filed since license was issued;
- Evidence of Trainings carried out;
- Data Protection Certification of key personnel;
Supporting affidavit for Verification of the following facts:
- All supporting documents submitted to the Nigeria Data Protection Bureau for the purpose of license renewal are genuine.
- That none of the directors/proprietors of the firm has been convicted by any Court of law on any offence bordering on fraud or breach of trust.
- Evidence of payment of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N250,000) being License Renewal Fee payable on remita.net
Registration Requirements for New DPCOs
(Read the information below carefully before commencing the process of registration)
Please note that you can only resgister as a new DPCO whenever NDPB opens up the DPCO Registration Window
WHO CAN APPLY TO BE A DPCO?
A DPCO may be one or more of the following:
- Professional Service Consultancy firm
- IT Service Provider
- Audit firm
- Law firm
TYPE OF SKILLS REQUIRED
An Applicant must provide certificate from a reputable institution as an evidence of training of at least one employee in any of the following areas:
- Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) Implementation and Compliance
- Data Science
- Data Protection and privacy
- Information Privacy
- Information Audit
- Data Management
- Information security
- Data protection legal services
- Information Technology Due Diligence
- EU GDPR implementation and compliance
- Cyber Security/Cyber Security law
- Data Analytics
- Data Governance
THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR LICENSING:
- CAC Registration
- Evidence of Tax Clearance
- Relevant professional or academic qualification of at least 2 listed staff (these need not be Directors)
- Valid means of identification of two Directors i.e International Passport; Drivers’ License; NIN Registration etc.
- Website registration on .ng domain
- Evidence of payment of prescribed licensing fees by the Bureau. The non-administrative fee should be paid first. (See paragraphs 4, 5 and 6 below)
NON-REFUNDABLE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable administrative fee of N50,000 (Fifty-Thousand Naira) only on remita.net
WHERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APLICATION
- Click on Register as a DPCO
- Create an account using a .ng email address.
- Confirm your email account by responding to the e-mail sent to your registered mail.
- Go back to the registration portal and complete the application form.
If your application is successful based on the documents you submitted, you will receive a mail containing a provisional approval to pay: N500,000 (Five-Hundred-Thousand Naira) only on remita.net